appointment 843 553 2477
Thomas Mather, M.D., F.A.C.S
Dr Thomas Mather joined Lowcountry Eye Specialists in January 2020 bringing oculoplastic and eyelid reconstructive surgeries to North Area residents. While practicing in Mount Pleasant he performed over 25,000 blepharoplasty (eye lid lift) procedures. Dr Mather is board certified in ophthalmology, a fellow in the American Society of Ophthalmic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and a fellow at the American College of Surgeons. He holds a teaching appointment in the Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of South Carolina.
Dr Mather has medical staff privileges at Roper and Bon Secours St Francis Hospital and Ralph H Johnson Veteran’s Administration Hospital. He has gained national exposure as a seasoned marathon runner and triathlete.
- B.A in Chemistry- Indiana University
- M. D. – Indiana University School of Medicine
- Internship – St. Vincent Hospital and Health Care Center, Indianapolis
- Ophthalmic Residency – Medical University of South Carolina
- Fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – University of Arizona